Hey, Cincinnati! I’m here in your inbox this chilly morning to tell you everything you need to know about what’s going on in town.
But first, today’s weather:
Cloudy, breezy and cold. High: 34 Low: 20.
Here are the top three stories today in Cincinnati:
- Cincinnati Police officers have seized 10 shipments of narcotics being smuggled around the world. The shipments added up to nearly 100 pounds of narcotics, including about 74 pounds of cocaine and another 24 pounds of methamphetamines. Officials say that the drugs have a street value of $1.2 million. (Eagle 99.3 FM WSCH)
- Cincinnati Pops is coming to Cincinnati Music Hall in February 2023 with a totally new experience. “The Sound of Music” promises to be an immersive concert like no other. Audience members will be given a bag of props at the beginning of the show and are encouraged to sing and cheer throughout the movie. (FOX19)
- A popular Cincinnati bar is changing things up this season as a way to embrace the holidays. Tiki Tiki Bang Bang will be turning into Sippin’ Santa this winter! Customers will be able to enjoy special events and holiday-themed cocktails. Sippin’ Santa officially opens on Nov. 23. (WLWT Cincinnati)
Today in Cincinnati:
- Gentle Yoga At Springfield Township Community Arts Center (12:00 PM)
- PNC Festival Of Lights At Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden (4:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Meet Lightning, the two-toed sloth who lives at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden! Stop by the zoo to visit him and the rest of the creatures on display. (Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden via Facebook)
- The Zac Brown Band will perform a concert after the Jun. 2 Cincinnati Reds game. The event will benefit Hop On A Cure Foundation, which fights ALS. (Cincinnati Reds via Instagram)
- Cincinnati Public Schools celebrated parent volunteers this week! Visit the link to view photos from the event. (Cincinnati Public Schools via Facebook)
- The Cincy Library has opened a brand-new permanent exhibit gallery! The exhibit will show off the work of Richard and Lucille Durrell Edge of the Appalachia Preserve System. (Cincy Library via Instagram)
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.