Hello all. It’s me, Sean Peek, your host of the Daily. Follow along for everything you need to know about what’s happening in town.
But first, today’s weather:
Cold with periods of rain. High: 48 Low: 41.
Here are the top three stories today in East Cobb:
- Cleaver and Cork, a family-run butcher shop originating in Sharpsburg, opened its fourth store in October in East Cobb. The East Cobb location is next to the Big Peach Running Company. The NY Butcher Shoppe is also scheduled to open in December at the Avenue in East Cobb and will likely compete with the new Cleaver and Cork Store. (East Cobb News)
- On Dec. 3, free pet adoptions will be available at Switzer Library. All who attend from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. will have any adoption fees waived. No registration is required for the event. Superior Pets for Patriotic Vets normally pairs shelter animals with veterans, but this event is open to everyone. (Cobb County Public Library)
- On Monday, the Cobb Chamber hosted Marquee Monday at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center. The event featured President Dr. Schwaig of Kennesaw State University as well as the presentation of prize for local educators. The prize was a one-year car lease aimed to make it easier for local educators to focus on their work without worrying about how to get there. (Cobb Chamber)
Today in East Cobb:
- Leaf Wreath Kit At South Cobb Regional Library (All Day)
- Poet Tree At South Cobb Regional Library (All Day)
- My Favorite Game Night At Glover Park Brewery (6:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Looking for a new job or trying to make a career change? There are currently multiple full-time openings in and around East Cobb. Available openings include truck driving, customer service, and retail sales. (East Cobb Patch)
- On Nov. 15, the Cobb Library Bookmobile will be visiting the Walton Village Adventure Center from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Readers of all ages are encouraged to attend to check out some books. (Cobb County Public Library via Facebook)
- Cobb County Public Library is currently hosting the exhibit Fashioning a Nation: German Identity and Industry, 1914-1945. The exhibit is presented in partnership with the Georgia Public Library Service. (Cobb County Public Library via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you around!
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.